dis·rupt \ dis-ˈrəpt \
1: to break apart : rupture
2: to interrupt the normal course or unity of
We’re in an era of mass change. Do you approach the technology of the future with trepidation? Or enthusiasm? This feature documentary will compare the pre-internet boom of the ‘90s with the current pre-blockchain boom. We will examine the human psyche as it relates to change, and the world as we know it on the precipice of a new consciousness.
- Location: Wenatchee, WA. Apple Capital, and Bitcoin Mining capital of the world. What are the locals thinking about, talking about, how it relates to this new technology?
Don’t mess with my power rates. Don’t mess with my views. Don’t mess with my neighbors. [sic] I don’t want my way of living to change.
- Location: Black Rock City Desert. Home of annual Burning Man Festival. What are participants thinking about, talking about, how does this new sub-culture relate to this new technology?
A sea of possibilities. Innovations beyond our wildest imagination. The future! The tool we need for new consciousness to emerge.
Interviews with representatives of the old world vs. new world. Journey with us as we meet a variety of thought leaders; an economist, a skeptic, a rural farm worker, a municipal commissioner, a psychologist, a tech crusader, a futurist. We will examine the good, the bad and the hopeful of the technological era we’re about to be entering. Disruption will present all opinions and perspectives, but leave the audience with a feeling of hope and the spark to discover more.
inform simply ~ inspire humbly ~ spark self discovery
- sponsorships by regional organizations such as the Chamber of Commerce and the Economic Development District
- Identified Investors
- Film Grant programs
- Creation of this documentary will open many doors to future projects within this quickly emerging and changing industry.
- Alicia McKee. Executive Co-Producer, Line Producer
- Tyler Musson. Executive Co-Producer, Marketing Manager
- Amelia Yokel. Creative Director, Line Producer
- Charley Voorhis. Director of Photography
- Jeremiah Higgins. Cinematographer, Technical Director
- Chad Yenney. Audio Technician, Editor
- Greg Mares. International Correspondent, Cinematographer
- Erin Nash. Cinematographer, Local Correspondent
- Taylor Greene. Project Coordinator
- Joy Juelson. Correspondent, Advisor
- Netflix Distribution
- Film Festivals such as Sundance
- Social Media
- Through networks of sponsor organizations who have a common interest to promote understanding and acceptance of this new technology